Marketing to schools is the daily blog of Schools.co.uk, the UK’s leading supplier of marketing services to companies that wish to advertise to school managers and teachers.
On this site we focus on one prime question: “why do some advertisements to schools work, and others not?” and we seek to find and publish the answers under a series of headings. The latest articles in each section are shown below.
In addition to these articles you might also be interested in the book “The science and art of creating brilliant emails and websites that sell products and services to schools”
Why your product, your advertisement and your audience need to match
- Why is it that the skills that are used to sell things are rarely taught in schools?
- What cranberries have to tell us about how best to sell into schools
- What is the most effective way of reviving an established product
- Why the best employees are not the agreeable ones
Why emailing in August can bring results, and how to do it for (almost) nothing
- SECONDARY OUTSIDE SCOTLAND Many secondary school managers return to school in mid-August. But they receive very few promotions.
- PRIMARY AND SECONDARY IN SCOTLAND Why August is a great time to promote to schools in Scotland
- NURSERY SCHOOL Private nursery schools in the summer: a marketing opportunity
The NORWAY Tales (for use if you require a little light relief)
- What is the most effective way of grabbing your potential customer by the throat?
- The use of humour in marketing to schools
- The Norway Tales: What do you call a four fingered chocolate bar that isn’t a KitKat?
- The Norway Tales: When digital technology eats itself
How to get teachers to believe in you and your products
- How can some people regularly write ads that get mega sales, while others find it harder?
- Most firms never experiment with their advertising, which is why those that do can do so well.
- Why your product, your audience, and your advertisement need to match completely
- No one is going to buy from you unless they believe what you say. But how can you ensure they believe?
- How to build a big audience and become a “must read” advertiser
Latest news and developments in selling to schools
- Private nursery schools in the summer: a marketing opportunity
- They are not “that kind” of email: how generic emails are making a comeback
- Is there a way of writing to teachers which always, always works??
- How to avoid advertising costs: the benefit of “Payment by Results”
How to sell to schools: the overall plan
- The “5 steps to selling” approach is a classic. But is it still valid?
- The alternatives to advertising: how else to reach schools.
- Five emails to schools for just £215.00 and a guaranteed response.
- Successful selling to schools: the six steps
- What is the question that everyone has forgotten to ask
Selling to schools: the media
- The simple way to get people to read what you say
- What are generic emails and do they work?
- What is the best way to test postal mailing
- No email, no post, then what?
The way the message is written affects the level of sales
- The five key elements of a successful advertisement
- Successful adverts to teachers are written with teachers attitudes in mind
- How do you persuade the more hesitant teacher to buy
- Why common sense does not work when selling to schools.
- Be modest with your claims when selling to teachers
You might also find our sample advert and the commentary explaining how and why it was written that way, of help.
GDPR: how to sell to teachers in the wake of the new legislation
- GDPR and schools the latest developments.
- How are companies that sell to schools dealing with the new regulations?
- They are not “that kind” of email
- Please all see our free detailed reports on GDPR under Marketing to Schools: increasing sales, influencing choices
If you would like to know more about how we are daily helping many companies across the UK to selling into schools, please do have a look at our website at www.schools.co.uk or call us on 01604 880 927 or email Stephen@schools.co.uk