- Offering people something and letting them down is always worse than not offering anything at all.
- Brainstorming is not for everyone, but for some people it is the solution to creating adverts that really work. Here’s how.
- Every term Schools.co.uk sends out hundreds of advertisements to teachers, free of charge. Here’s how your product can be advertised for free.
- What is the simplest way of seeing if your advertisement will generate sales this term?
- An example of how running a blog can extend the life of your advertisements.
- Going the extra mile is generally a good thing – until you leave your customer abandoned in an unknown country
- Teachers and managers return to secondary schools on 14 August; an ideal time to promote.
- You can never be sure when a teacher or manager might want what you sell. So how can you ensure they keep you in mind?
- With a new Prime Minister in office, what are the prospects for companies that sell to schools?
- Discounted email campaigns as Scottish schools prepare for the new school year.
- Why do we offer a guarantee on our emailings, and what does the guarantee mean?
- Why living with our assumptions can be incredibly dangerous
- Most email advertisements are written in the least effective way possible. But what is the most effective approach?
- Never do this do that
- Are there times when you should NOT link from your email advertisement to your web page?
- How can you write an advert that totally transforms your level of sales and enquiries?
- No one can do everything in a company. So which bits should you drop?
- Make sure that when your speciality is in the news, you get the benefit
- It might sound like something nasty in the water supply, but this is actually a low cost and very effective way of selling.
- Free mailing to schools
- Be different, get one free
- What you really ought to do
- What most adverts omit
- What is it that stops advertisers getting more orders?
- Why, when one sees things amiss, it is sometimes best not to notice.
- On YouTube you might come across ASMR. If you do, you might want to start running.
- It is time for each good citizen of this fabled land to retake control of her/his life. And then sell it.
- I was challenged to devise an ad for Schools.co.uk which included six randomly chosen words, twice.
- What single factor is the most likely to reduce the effectiveness of an advert?
- The story of a supermarket that spent a fortune and got it horribly wrong
Category Archives: Uncategorized
A little while ago in a couple of posts I relayed the story of how the garage that sold me my car offered to reduce its emissions with a software tweak free of charge. I took my car in, waited … Continue reading
Brainstorming is not for everyone, but for some people it is the solution to creating adverts that really work. Here’s how.
Brainstorming is one of those words that to many UK citizens sounds rather like a fake American idea, which is probably just a fad and most likely doesn’t work anyway. And yet quite a few people say that brainstorming was … Continue reading
Every term Schools.co.uk sends out hundreds of advertisements to teachers, free of charge. Here’s how your product can be advertised for free.
If you are looking to reduce your advertising costs, or if you have no idea whether your particular advertisements will work or not, then there is an advertising service which reaches teachers but costs you nothing. This service, which has … Continue reading
Now I know that some simple approaches to marketing products and services really are not quite as simple as you might want them to be. But in the case of emailing schools, simple really does mean simple. In fact, if … Continue reading
I have been asked a few times of late to give an example of how a blog can help expand the value of advertisements that are sent to schools. So here is an example of a blog – it is … Continue reading
Going the extra mile is generally a good thing – until you leave your customer abandoned in an unknown country
A little while ago I wrote about how the dealership that sold me my car some years back had called me and said I could have a software upgrade on the car free of charge. It would, I was told, … Continue reading
Careers teachers, heads of sixth form, senior management and administrators in secondary schools in over 90% of the UK will be back in school from 14 August (if not earlier) when schools are notified of the exam results. Students get … Continue reading
You can never be sure when a teacher or manager might want what you sell. So how can you ensure they keep you in mind?
Even when a school has bought from you before and been very happy with the purchase, that in itself is not a guarantee that they will buy from you again next time around. Of course, we all hope that having … Continue reading
The plan by Boris Johnson for the state to spend at least £5,000 on every secondary school pupil in England was made in a pledge during his leadership campaign. He stated that the intention to “level up” Britain’s education system … Continue reading
Scottish schools are now preparing for their new school year. The national results come out on 6 August and virtually every teacher will be back in school by Monday 19 August – although of course many senior staff will have … Continue reading