Although it is true that English schools are now breaking up ready for the long summer holiday, there is something else afoot which could do with your attention.
Because although we might think of this as a six week break for the whole education business, in fact things start to happen again as soon as 15 August.
For on that day Scottish schools open up once more, while the careers, year 11 and sixth form tutors and of course the senior managers in schools in the rest of the UK return to consider A Level results. A week later GCSE results appear.
Now most companies in the UK that sell into schools don’t take any notice of such details, preferring to start their advertising again once the term is well under way. Which means email in boxes tend to be much emptier than usual.
Given that a number of companies (not a great number but still a number) pulled out of emailing when GDPR came along (perhaps not understanding the “legitimate interest” element of GDPR) we expect in boxes still to be rather empty from mid-August on this year.
Anything that is emailed, is therefore likely to get much greater attention than might have been the case before.
In order to help even further we are this year offering emails to Scottish schools at a very special price if your promotion includes an email in August. (We will also be offering special arrangements if you want to email the rest of the UK in time for A level or GCSE results – details will follow shortly.)
If you wish to use the generic lists (which can be addressed by title to any specific teacher) the prices are as below
For a double mailing (one in August one in September)
Primary and Secondary
- Scotland Primary and Secondary school generic addresses (total 2200): £59.00
- Scotland Primary and Secondary heads at their personal addresses (total 2060): £75.00
- Scotland Primary schools (Total 1860 addresses) £49.00
- Scotland Primary heads at their personal email addresses (total 1720) £69.00
- Scotland Secondary schools (Total 340 addresses) £39.00
- Scotland Secondary heads at their personal addresses (total 235) £45.00.
A triple mailing including one in August and two in September
Primary and Secondary
- Scotland Primary and Secondary schools (total 2200): £75.00
- Scotland Primary and Secondary heads at their personal addresses (total 2060): £89.00
- Scotland Primary schools (Total 1860 addresses) £69.00
- Scotland Primary heads at their personal email addresses (total 1720) £79.00
- Scotland Secondary schools (Total 340 addresses) £59.00
- Scotland Secondary heads at their personal addresses (total 235) £65.00.
We obviously only have a limited number of spaces at these particularly low prices so it is probably worth getting in touch with us sooner rather than later to reserve any of these spots.
All mailings come with a complete analytical report and our unique guarantee – if you don’t get the response you expected we’ll provide our analysis of why this happened and then offer you a replacement mailing free of charge.
If you require any further information concerning this offer, which, I must stress, does only apply if you order one email in August and one or two more in September, please do call 01604 880927 or email Stephen@schools.co.uk
You can find an index to all our current offers and articles about ways to promote to schools on https://marketing.schools.co.uk