- Most email advertisements are written in the least effective way possible. But what is the most effective approach?
- Never do this do that
- Are there times when you should NOT link from your email advertisement to your web page?
- How can you write an advert that totally transforms your level of sales and enquiries?
- No one can do everything in a company. So which bits should you drop?
- Make sure that when your speciality is in the news, you get the benefit
- It might sound like something nasty in the water supply, but this is actually a low cost and very effective way of selling.
- Free mailing to schools
- Be different, get one free
- What you really ought to do
- What most adverts omit
- What is it that stops advertisers getting more orders?
- Why, when one sees things amiss, it is sometimes best not to notice.
- On YouTube you might come across ASMR. If you do, you might want to start running.
- It is time for each good citizen of this fabled land to retake control of her/his life. And then sell it.
- I was challenged to devise an ad for Schools.co.uk which included six randomly chosen words, twice.
- What single factor is the most likely to reduce the effectiveness of an advert?
- The story of a supermarket that spent a fortune and got it horribly wrong
- Is it true there are certain words that you should never use in advertising?
- What is the difference between a sardine and a politician?
- Selling is a process. How it works depends on the interests of your customers, not on the latest gizmos.
- Email lists are very inexpensive to purchase, but do they still bring in the orders?
- How to take your web page up and up the rankings
- What is the most cost effective way of gaining sales from schools during this time of austerity for all?
- Gaining sales from schools during this time of austerity for all
- How to ensure that every email to teachers really brings the response you want.
- What is the simplest way to see why an email ad has not worked as well as anticipated?
- Why is it that the skills that are used to sell things are rarely taught in schools?
- What is the most effective way of grabbing your potential customer by the throat?
- The use of humour in marketing to schools
Author Archives: Tony Attwood
When an article on “never do this” starts off with one of your own “never do this” -isms, you know it will be fun. I have just found a website which detailed three unforgiveable sins that should never be committed … Continue reading
By Tony Attwood The standard, classic approach for advertising to schools is to write an email which talks about the benefits of your product or service to the teacher and the school. Then at the end you offer a link … Continue reading
If you have ever been stuck for a way of writing an advert you may well have looked on a social media site such as Pinterest or picked up one of the many books there are on how to be … Continue reading
When I started my first company I did in fact do everything. From writing the adverts to opening the replies, from putting the products I sold into packaging, to taking them to the Post Office. And then going to the … Continue reading
It can happen anytime: an item of news occurs which relates directly to a product or service that you offer, but, of course, without any mention of your company or what it does. And naturally you want to say, “Hey, … Continue reading
It might sound like something nasty in the water supply, but this is actually a low cost and very effective way of selling.
The word is still largely restricted to America, but it is now creeping into British business awareness too: the microinfluencer. And for some it is becoming a major aid to selling. We have become used to celebrities who have mega … Continue reading
There are no less than five prime reasons why it is worth emailing teachers before and during the summer vacation. First, because the end of the summer term is the time when more money is spent by schools than … Continue reading
Where do ideas come from and how do you know they are likely to make good adverts? In have occasionally mentioned my recent book on writing adverts. I am not going to do that again (except in passing) as you … Continue reading
If you write advertisements for your company, and take on other tasks as well, this is what you really ought to do Most email advertisements are written by people who fit in writing the adverts between doing other jobs in … Continue reading