- Knowing how teachers choose what to buy is vital when planning a campaign.
- Free email as schools return
- Our websites don’t always show up on page 1 of Google searches. Does it matter?
- Back to school?
- What is actually happening in schools in relation to buying products and services?
- Details of the new government plan to reduce ill-discipline and bad behaviour.
- What you call you product or service can make a huge amount of difference
- Despite current government advice that schools should stay open, the schools themselves are preparing alternatives
- Confirmation that schools are responding to government cuts to funding by savings on staff
- Being seen as an expert in your field gives you an incredible advantage when it comes to advertising
- “Why would you send out adverts without charging people? Of course it doesn’t work.”
- What is the most effective way of increasing the readership of your advertisements without spending more money?
- If you are going to experiment with your advertising you will make occasional mistakes. But don’t let that stop you.
- Next term LA schools start to get extra funding from three sources. But how will they spend it?
- The font you use for your website pages can affect the responses you get.
- Why facts and statistics don’t always convince readers
- What is the most important thing that you should do with your website on a regular basis?
- Without a good subject line you may as well not bother writing the email at all!
- What is the best way to create sales emails and web pages that contain all the words that stimulate sales
- In these changing times, imagination is the prime sales tool that we have
- What is the biggest barrier that can stop you making a sale, and how can it be overcome?
- A huge increase in the number of mental health counsellors in schools represents a major opportunity for suppliers
- What is the one thing that you can do which is guaranteed to improve the response rate to your advertisement?
- How the simple fact of getting more visitors onto your website can help sales more than you might imagine.
- Once upon a time PR could equal free advertising.
- What is the most cost effective way of advertising to teachers on a regular basis?
- Once upon a time all one needed to do was to tell teachers what you had for sale
- The way products and services for schools are being advertised is changing fast – and it is worth taking note.
- The free advertising service to schools for companies that are not yet convinced that austerity has ended.
- What is the most effective way of ensuring your advertisements sell to schools in 2020?
Author Archives: Tony Attwood
So where do we get our information? We’ve all been to school, but our memories will probably be based on just two or three schools and biased by our own perceptions and behaviour at the time. As a basis for … Continue reading
An extra free email to schools as they return when you book into a highly discounted promotional package. There is one way of ensuring that you make the volume of schools’ sales that you want this autumn term. And that … Continue reading
By Tony Attwood It’s always struck me that people who email me, telling me that they can get my website onto page 1 in response to Google searches, are being a bit odd. I mean, if, as they suggest, being … Continue reading
When schools re-open conditions are going to be different, and some firms will benefit As I write this I see there is a petition doing the rounds demanding that the government re-open schools sooner rather than later. Of course, governments … Continue reading
When an article on “never do this” starts off with one of your own “never do this” -isms, you know it will be fun. I have just found a website which detailed three unforgiveable sins that should never be committed … Continue reading
By Tony Attwood The standard, classic approach for advertising to schools is to write an email which talks about the benefits of your product or service to the teacher and the school. Then at the end you offer a link … Continue reading
If you have ever been stuck for a way of writing an advert you may well have looked on a social media site such as Pinterest or picked up one of the many books there are on how to be … Continue reading
When I started my first company I did in fact do everything. From writing the adverts to opening the replies, from putting the products I sold into packaging, to taking them to the Post Office. And then going to the … Continue reading
It can happen anytime: an item of news occurs which relates directly to a product or service that you offer, but, of course, without any mention of your company or what it does. And naturally you want to say, “Hey, … Continue reading
It might sound like something nasty in the water supply, but this is actually a low cost and very effective way of selling.
The word is still largely restricted to America, but it is now creeping into British business awareness too: the microinfluencer. And for some it is becoming a major aid to selling. We have become used to celebrities who have mega … Continue reading