- Most email advertisements are written in the least effective way possible. But what is the most effective approach?
- Never do this do that
- Are there times when you should NOT link from your email advertisement to your web page?
- How can you write an advert that totally transforms your level of sales and enquiries?
- No one can do everything in a company. So which bits should you drop?
- Make sure that when your speciality is in the news, you get the benefit
- It might sound like something nasty in the water supply, but this is actually a low cost and very effective way of selling.
- Free mailing to schools
- Be different, get one free
- What you really ought to do
- What most adverts omit
- What is it that stops advertisers getting more orders?
- Why, when one sees things amiss, it is sometimes best not to notice.
- On YouTube you might come across ASMR. If you do, you might want to start running.
- It is time for each good citizen of this fabled land to retake control of her/his life. And then sell it.
- I was challenged to devise an ad for Schools.co.uk which included six randomly chosen words, twice.
- What single factor is the most likely to reduce the effectiveness of an advert?
- The story of a supermarket that spent a fortune and got it horribly wrong
- Is it true there are certain words that you should never use in advertising?
- What is the difference between a sardine and a politician?
- Selling is a process. How it works depends on the interests of your customers, not on the latest gizmos.
- Email lists are very inexpensive to purchase, but do they still bring in the orders?
- How to take your web page up and up the rankings
- What is the most cost effective way of gaining sales from schools during this time of austerity for all?
- Gaining sales from schools during this time of austerity for all
- How to ensure that every email to teachers really brings the response you want.
- What is the simplest way to see why an email ad has not worked as well as anticipated?
- Why is it that the skills that are used to sell things are rarely taught in schools?
- What is the most effective way of grabbing your potential customer by the throat?
- The use of humour in marketing to schools
Monthly Archives: November 2018
ASMR (Autonomous sensory meridian response to give it its pompous, meaningless and probably pointless full title) means whispering into a microphone so that one’s voice is hardly audible while twiddling one’s hair between two fingers or fondling a towel. It … Continue reading
It is time for each good citizen of this fabled land to retake control of her/his life. And then sell it.
What does the future hold for those of us living on the borders of independent Rutlandshire and bankrupt Northants with wild Leics looking on? Such was the question asked of a panel of experts at this month’s “Inside & Out … Continue reading
As you can imagine the Toppled Bollard has been agog with excitement following my announcement yesterday that I was accepting the challenge to write an advertisement which not only made sense (that in itself being quite a challenge), but which … Continue reading
Put another way, what is it that more firms get wrong than anything else, when creating email advertisements? What is it, in fact, that stops them getting more sales? Every week I am asked to comment on a number of … Continue reading
A couple of miles from my house is a supermarket and in September the owners obviously felt it needed modernising. So every night for a period of two months teams worked on completely changing the design of the interior. … Continue reading
By Tony Attwood For once I am going to make life easy for you and give you the answer immediately by saying “no”. So now you don’t have to read on. But as you are still here I will go … Continue reading