- How can you write an advert that totally transforms your level of sales and enquiries?
- No one can do everything in a company. So which bits should you drop?
- Make sure that when your speciality is in the news, you get the benefit
- It might sound like something nasty in the water supply, but this is actually a low cost and very effective way of selling.
- Free mailing to schools
- Be different, get one free
- What you really ought to do
- What most adverts omit
- What is it that stops advertisers getting more orders?
- Why, when one sees things amiss, it is sometimes best not to notice.
- On YouTube you might come across ASMR. If you do, you might want to start running.
- It is time for each good citizen of this fabled land to retake control of her/his life. And then sell it.
- I was challenged to devise an ad for Schools.co.uk which included six randomly chosen words, twice.
- What single factor is the most likely to reduce the effectiveness of an advert?
- The story of a supermarket that spent a fortune and got it horribly wrong
- Is it true there are certain words that you should never use in advertising?
- What is the difference between a sardine and a politician?
- Selling is a process. How it works depends on the interests of your customers, not on the latest gizmos.
- Email lists are very inexpensive to purchase, but do they still bring in the orders?
- How to take your web page up and up the rankings
- What is the most cost effective way of gaining sales from schools during this time of austerity for all?
- Gaining sales from schools during this time of austerity for all
- How to ensure that every email to teachers really brings the response you want.
- What is the simplest way to see why an email ad has not worked as well as anticipated?
- Why is it that the skills that are used to sell things are rarely taught in schools?
- What is the most effective way of grabbing your potential customer by the throat?
- The use of humour in marketing to schools
- The Norway Tales: When digital technology eats itself
- The Norway Tales: What do you call a four fingered chocolate bar that isn’t a KitKat?
- The “5 steps to selling” approach is a classic. But is it still valid?
Monthly Archives: October 2018
What is the difference between a sardine and a politician? Such was the challenging question that was presented as the title of this month’s lecture in the series “Contemporary Issues in Direct Marketing” by Dr Billy “the Dog” McGraw. The … Continue reading
Selling is a process. How it works depends on the interests of your customers, not on the latest gizmos.
It is almost three years since “Baby Shark” was uploaded to YouTube. It runs like this: the baby shark arrives, its mother arrives, the rest of the family arrive. The shark family goes hunting. Smaller fish swim away. The end. … Continue reading
By Tony Attwood No one would ever suggest that using email lists that are addressed to the school office are as effective as email lists that go directly to a person, but they still have their uses. Perhaps the most … Continue reading